PBI Commissioning Group was established to meet the growing demand for knowledgeable, qualified commissioning services within the Construction Industry.
Commissioning (Cx) is a systematic process of ensuring that all the building’s energy related systems are installed and calibrated and performs interactively according to the design intent and the owner’s project requirements and operational needs. This is achieved by beginning at the design phase with documented design and operating intent and continuing through construction and acceptance with actual verification of performance.
Commissioning during design is intended to achieve the following specific objectives:
- Ensure that the design and operational intent are clearly documented.
- Ensure that recommendations are communicated to the design team during design to aid the development of commissioning and avoid later contract modifications.
- Ensure that commissioning for the construction phase is adequately reflected in the construction documents.
Commissioning during the construction of this project is intended to achieve the following specific objectives:
- Ensure that applicable equipment and systems are installed properly and receive adequate operational checkout by installing contractors.
- Verify and document proper performance of equipment and systems through normal and other likely operational modes necessary to meet design intent.
- Ensure that O&M documentation provided to Owner is complete.
- Ensure that the Owner’s operating personnel are adequately trained.
New buildings that are not properly commissioned can suffer from high-energy costs, poor indoor air quality, poor system control, and many other mechanical problems.
PBI Commissioning Group is proud to provide services certified by ACG, and provides an ACG Certificate of Compliance for all commissioning work.